Friday, August 01, 2008

visiting normal

I wrote my final exam this morning. There were sections of it for which I felt well prepared, and other sections where I felt fairly lost. I'm guessing my exam mark is a B ... which should average out to an A- with all the A's I have received throughout the rest of the course. I'm not sure when I will get results from the professor but I am glad it's all finished now.

*

The potential buyers of our old house are asking for new conditions to be added to the contract. This is because the house is actually brand new and less than a year old. Basically, they want all the warranties to transfer over to them, something which we do not actually have the power to make happen. There is a new home warranty that comes from the province, and this is transferrable to anyone. However, there's also the home builder's warranty and this is NOT transferrable. This means the new owners want to get any deficiencies they can find fixed, but need to go through US to have that done because the warranty is in our name. I don't really think this is going to affect the sale in the end, but it does create additional stress and frustration to the process.

*

Tomorrow Little J is going to spend the rest of the weekend with her mother at the recovery house - supervised by the staff. And Big J has gone on a road trip and won't be back for ten days. This means Shawn and I will have a weekend to ourselves for the first time in as long as I can remember. If only someone would come and take care of the menagerie of animals, we'd be totally free. :)


*

2 comments:

Ellen said...

~hugging you so tight~
I hope you and Bellows have a quiet relaxing weekend. I wish I lived closer...I'd fur-baby sit for you if I could. love ya.

mischief said...

*hugs back to you, kid* I miss you a lot and wish you lived closer too - and not only for the pup-sitting services! ;)