Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a day tripper... a one way ticket, yeah

Well. I just found out that the teacher who is being disciplined by the board and who caused all sorts of problems while he was on medical leave is returning to the school next month. In spite of everything. And he's taking half my job. Or perhaps more accurately in the eyes of the union, I only get to keep half his job.

The idea of working only half-time leaves me feeling somewhat worried. I wouldn't feel this way if Crazy Shawn wasn't also in this boat, but I was really hoping to have full time work at least until he found a better situation.

It's a funny thing. If I was working this schedule by my own choosing I would probably be quite delighted. But having it forced upon me is frustrating. People warned me he would end up doing this and I think I was a little too cocky in thinking he wouldn't want to return to a place where he was so obviously disliked. Perhaps he doesn't care. Or perhaps he just doesn't see it.

In any case, it leaves me a bit worried. If this year goes well for him, he will probably take back the other 50% in the following year.

Working on my Masters degree in Counselling gives me some flexibility in the future... but for now this situation is not ideal.

I'm going to have to grovel to GDJ for some more instructional design work. Or something.



*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you!
i miss you!
~plops down with a cookie to shares~

da zoomer

mischief said...

*nibbles thoughtfully*
I miss you too. I'm glad you're back at PH. :)