Friday, August 01, 2008

forgiving nature

The relaxing weekend won't start immediately on Saturday morning as originally planned. I had thought we'd take Little J out to the centre as soon as her swimming lesson finished at 10:00am, but when I called the director of the centre to confirm this she asked us to come at 1:00 instead because she wants to talk to us.

She says that she wants to lay out some requirements for C to meet before she should have custody of Little J returned to her, and she wants to have this discussion with everyone in the room so that there's no confusion (or opportunity for C to twist the story). Basically what she said to me is that C needs to go to a detox centre for a week or two to get completely off the narcotic medication she is taking, and then spend another six months after that in rehabilitation.

C has told me on several occasions that she absolutely WON'T do detox.

I predict this meeting is going to turn very ugly and I'm a little concerned about leaving Little J there following this conversation. I hope it doesn't become necessary to take her back home with us after all, primarily for her sake because she's excited about seeing her mom, but also because I actually want C to remember how special her daughter is and have some motivation to do the right thing.

I am fairly sure that she won't, though, given the history.

Until we have attended the meeting with the family justice counsellor and had our hearing with the judge, we won't know if we actually have the ability to prevent C from bolting with Little J. That is worrisome.

But. The. House. Is. Finally. Officially. SOLD. !!!!!



*

No comments: