Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the nearer your destination

My principal said she would see about the rooms. She said she will do all she can to make this situation easier for me and that she really wants me to stay at her school. She assigned me to work with the senior classes and the other teacher to work with the juniors, anticipating that this is going to cause some friction, but being prepared to deal with it. She also alluded to the fact that she still thinks this will work out in my favour in the end. I'm pleased to hear all of these things, but am not counting my chickens yet because this entire experience has been one surprise after another.

Meanwhile I'm going to get my mind around the idea of being a half-time slack-ass and find ways to enjoy that instead of worrying about it.


*


Tomorrow the gang is leaving at 6:00am.


*

No comments: