Sunday, August 17, 2008

here comes us


Today is our anniversary. Big J is at his sister's for the weekend and we were able to drop Little J off for a visit with C, allowing us to have some time alone. Time alone is hard to come by these days but I'm finding that this fact makes it better when we do manage to get some. Or maybe it's the fact that the weather has been so hot I've been wearing very little clothing. Men are sooo visual. Heh.


*

In the morning we took Little J back to the eye doctor for her contact lens lessons. She struggled a bit for awhile but managed to learn how to get them in and out well enough that we could eventually take them, and her, back home. Meanwhile Shawn got a haircut, which he couldn't have needed more.

Things around here have been crisis-free for a few days and I'm trying to enjoy that fact rather than waiting anxiously for something bad to happen. Part of me thinks C is just back in another honeymoon phase being in a new centre, but another part of me is truly hoping this might be the turning point. Having been forced to spend a night in a shelter because of the drugs and her bad choices around recovery, I am hoping the infamous "rock bottom" has been hit and that things will get better from here. And yet I'm scared to hope that too fervently because I think I will be disappointed.

I love them all, but I miss my old life, the one where it was just me and Shawn and the puppies.


*

1 comment:

Ellen said...

HAPPPY ANNIVERSARY! God it seems like such a short time ago that we were having pre wedding jitters together. I'm glad I've had you to share the roller coasters with all these years. Love ya, kiddo.