Tuesday, August 12, 2008

there's god in the trees, i'm weak in the knees

Tonight has been crazy.

This afternoon I took Little J to the mall for an eye doctor's appointment and to get her a haircut. She was one happy little pumpkin with pretty hair and the promise of contact lenses to come.

And then, we got home to the phone which has been ringing incessantly since then. C has been kicked out of the recovery home AGAIN for lying about her prescriptions and trying to stockpile pills. They drove her to the Salvation Army. So I have been talking to her on the phone. She is hysterical and wants me to come and get her, which I have been advised not to do.

She even gave my phone number to some strange man who phoned me to give me his opinion of her (she's wonderful, he says) and of the recovery house that kicked her out (awful, he says) as though I might listen to the opinion of some stranger over that of the women who we have trusted to help us in getting C off the drugs.

Nothing makes any sense.

We're going to see our lawyer tomorrow about trying to get legal custody. Right now C seems to be doing everything she can to make that very easy for us.



*

No comments: