Saturday, August 16, 2008

signs of serious side effects

Craigslist is an interesting phenomenon. I've learned that we don't ever have to pay someone to haul away things we don't want because if we advertise them on Craigslist under "free stuff" there is ALWAYS someone who wants them. Right now I am waiting for someone to come and pick up the three toilets that we removed from the house several months ago and which have been sitting out in the backyard providing nice homes for spiders. I don't think I could sell them for a dollar apiece but as soon as they're free... people want them. It's weird. Anyway, I'm glad about it. Glad that someone else can get rid of them for me, and glad that someone else can make use of stuff that would otherwise be in a landfill.

*

I was late for my dentist appointment this afternoon because I forgot about it and left late. I've been doing that a lot lately, being late for things, forgetting things, being dumb like that. I think I might be getting early onset dementia.

*

Tonight Little J is visiting her mother in the newest recovery house and Shawn is over at his Dad's place. Big J is visiting his sister and I am getting a free preview of what life will be life after they all go on the road trip. I am selfishly ridiculously excited about being alone for awhile. It's kind of awful, really, to be this delighted, but I can't help it. All summer I've had a full house, the exact opposite of what summer is usually like. I've desperately wanted long days to lounge in the bath, be lazy, and just enjoy having some time to myself. That's what I'm looking forward to.


*

No comments: