Sunday, August 30, 2009

This morning Shawn and I packed the Element to busting with C's crap that she's had stored in our garage since last June. Finally, she said she was ready to take it back. And for me, the idea of being able to put my vehicle in the garage again has been very exciting. So we agreed to meet at a parking lot (I don't want her on my property) at 9:00am.

Of course she complained, at first, about having to get up soooo early. But I told her 9:00 was the latest we could manage because of other things we have planned today (revolving, of course, primarily around chauffeuring her daughter various places) so she agreed, reluctantly.

We sat and waited and she and Hairy Scary didn't show up. Finally I called home to ask Little J if her mother had called and she said that her mother had, and told her she would be fifteen minutes late because they were caught in that crazy Sunday morning traffic. (This means they left when they were supposed to be arriving.) So we sat and waited and boiled and stewed and considered leaving it all, until finally they pulled up beside us.

Hairy Scary was driving a COMPACT.

And C's eyes were wide as saucers.

I guess she must have been stoned out of her gourd when she packed those boxes if she thought they were going to fit in that vehicle.

We didn't stop to discuss it with her or anything. The relationship has dissolved to the point where we cannot talk to each other anymore. But to see the two of them drive up to that mountain of boxes in that tiny little compact was almost worth waiting for.





*

3 comments:

Ivy is glee personified said...

This makes me feel gleeful.

mischief said...

Me too. We needed the laugh very much. :)

Ellen said...

~chuckling myself~ Ahhh Karma....