Sunday, August 02, 2009

Floor floor floor floor.

We didn't really work on the floor today. The thinset was drying. I spent a bit of time dremel-ing out bits of thinset from between the tiles with a carbide bit. But the dremel gave up the ghost about 2/3 of the way through that job, so I've got to go get a new dremel tomorrow so I can finish. Then we begin the grouting process. I'm getting tired, sick and tired that is, of this process. But it's so worth it in the end. By doing this ourselves we've saved thousands of dollars that would have had to be spent on labour otherwise.

Little J and I also did some yardwork today and she helped me weed the tulip bed which was a nightmare, taken over by grass. We managed to pull out all the rogue grass and now I'm wondering if we should go ahead and plant a summer flower to fill up that space until the tulips and daffodils do their thing again next spring. Otherwise its a boring strip of dirt, there for no reason. We got filthy doing that job and I got a bit sunburned too, which always feels strangely pleasant (as long as it's mild) even though I know it's not good for me.

I was wrong when I said that Shawn is going to work tomorrow (Monday) because tomorrow is a holiday. Yay. :) One more day to make him work on the floor... hahaha.

No comments: