Friday, August 07, 2009

This afternoon I received a call from a social worker with Child Protective Services telling me that an "anonymous caller" had phoned with a concern that my husband had been using drugs in front of "the child".

Good lord.

Every time I think that C has sunk to the lowest she can possibly sink, she finds a brand new way to disappoint. She's a disgusting person. The social worker was kind. She told me that they found the report suspicious and were aware of the custody problems, and that they'd decided not to bother with an investigation because it was clear that there wasn't really a problem. Even still, I'm angry. I'm angry that C doesn't care who she hurts in the process of trying to twist the system into giving her custody. I'm angry that she always finds a path into my life no matter how many ways I push her out.



*

No comments: