Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I will sleep with a clear conscience.

Soooo tired.

We shopped for Little J's room today. She'd been feeling sort of unsure of herself, of whether she was really wanted, for real wanted, or whether we were just letting her stay here because there was nowhere else for her to go. And Shawn and I talked about that and decided that we needed to find some ways to help her feel more settled here, more at home. So we decided that we'd let her redecorate her room, which is currently made up of old furniture we scrounged from various places, mostly Shawn's family who had some old kids' stuff they didn't need anymore.

So, we told her she could get new furniture, and pick a paint colour and the whole works.

Today we did the furniture shopping. We found a headboard and a nightstand and a bookshelf and a dresser. All really nice stuff. And extremely HEAVY. Little J was a superhero helping me carry stuff, unbelievably heavy stuff, from the store to the vehicle, and from the vehicle to the house. (The wonder of the Element. All this stuff FIT.)

So we have all the furniture now, and we just need curtains and bed covers. That's on the list for tomorrow.

While we were shopping, I found a huge fabulous free-standing pantry/cabinet kind of thing that would be perfect, so I got that too. And Little J helped me set it up and then we put in all the food that's been stupidly stacked in the corner of the living room because we had nowhere to put it. So the house is looking far more organized than it has in awhile.

Now if I EVER finish grouting the kitchen floor it will be a bloody miracle. I'm stalled because we have a floor squeak that needs to be fixed before grouting so the grout doesn't crack. And I ordered some miracle clamp thing that's supposed to kill the squeak, but it still hasn't arrived. So I'm blissfully unable to grout at the moment. And part of me is frustrated because I want to finish this job. And part of me is just so damn glad I don't have to do it right now.


*

Crazy C called to repeat all the same things she said yesterday.




*

No comments: