Friday, August 07, 2009

It's been two years now since I moved here and today was my first haircut since then. It's ridiculous that it's taken me this long to get around to this. When I let things slide, this is always the first thing to be neglected. My hair. It was long long long and flat and heavy and all one length. But I finally decided to find someone to tackle it, and off I went this morning to see the hair stylist. She was adorable and weird. She greeted me at my car when I pulled up and hugged me on her driveway by way of greeting, while her dogs sniffed my pockets. She was beautiful like a little Spanish doll.

I don't know why I can't just go get a haircut like a normal person in the mall, but I can't. I hate that, I hate being in a roomful of people all having their hair done at the same time, with dryers roaring and chemicals in the air. I just hate that experience so much. And so I always take the time to find myself these weird little ladies who have their own businesses, so I can avoid the mall experience. The one, the new lady I've found, is a keeper. She did a good job and she is adequately bizarre. Not as bizarre as the last one I found in the Winter City, but still comfortably weird.

So that's my big accomplishment for the day, driving to a stylist and getting my hair cut. I'm going to be taking Little J and her pack of girlfriends to the mall in an hour and then picking them up a little bit later. Fun stuff, being a chauffeur.

Then it's the weekend, and Shawn gets to stay home with us. Perfect perfect!

*

No comments: