Tuesday, August 04, 2009

In spite of making note of all I wanted to do today, I didn't manage to accomplish it all. I did work out, which was so nice now that the heat's dissipated, and then I called to make my appointment (got an answering machine) and went to work on the floor. And that's where it all stalled. Grouting the floor, like every other aspect of this job, took a million times longer than I expected it to. Since I was only planning to grout a small-ish section, I figured it might take a couple of hours. It took about five hours. Getting the grout OFF a slate tile is completely different than getting it off ceramic tile. Grout doesn't like to let go of rock; it holds on tight and needs about a hundred washes before it considers going away. I'm now totally exhausted. I guess I didn't really need to work out since I spent five hours scrubbing the floor, but I had no idea it would turn out that way.

So tomorrow I guess I'll continue grouting. And maybe for the rest of my life.

(At least it looks cool.)



*

No comments: