Saturday, August 15, 2009

put her in the safe and lock it

Shawn fixed the squeak in the floor today after cutting several large holes in the basement ceiling and applying a variety of clamps and screws and to the underside of the floor. At last he found the magic spot (he always does) and it was solved. Good news, I get to carry on grouting on Monday. (whoopie)

I finished painting Little J's room today, and Shawn put up her new curtains which I'll need to shorten (hooray for iron-hemming). Now they're upstairs together, the two of them, assembling her furniture. It's so nice to see them bonding. I know he's so important to her, his approval and his affection. I feel the same way about him.

It'll be nice to have this project buttoned up so I can go back to focusing on the kitchen which still needs grout and sealant. And then paint. And a backsplash. And baseboards. These are things I want to accomplish before the holidays are over. It might be a bit overly ambitious but I'm really hoping I can do it all.

No comments: