Friday, August 17, 2007

look at me like i'm already gone

Last night I ate four slices of pizza and a bag of wine gums for dinner.

Tonight I decided to atone by going running. I've been so lazy lately it's appalling. I went for a really long one tonight, more than an hour, but I took a different route than usual so I could avoid going down the road that has no streetlights. Running on a Friday night can be problematic since there are more people in cars heading out to bars and feeling jocular, enjoying shouting things out their car windows as they blow by... but tonight things seemed pretty tame. Or maybe my music was just loud enough to drown them out. I don't run with music when I go down the street with no streetlights because I want to be alert. But when I go down the well-lit streets I can do this.

I feel so much better when I exercise. I wonder why I sometimes eat four slices of pizza and a bag of wine gums instead.


*

No comments: