Wednesday, August 22, 2007

for what it's worth, it was worth all the while

I feel like crying. Moving is so stressful, even when things are going smoothly. Though most of this move has been fairly smooth so far, I have trouble when we hit the hitches and snags. Today I have made about a hundred phone calls to deal with lawyers, realtors, bankers, brokers, and various utility and service providers.

Tomorrow is packing day. The movers are going to come here between 8:30 and 9:30 in the morning, and allegedly pack up my whole house in the matter of three or four hours. I wish Shawn was going to be here for this step because I feel sure I'm going to forget something important I was supposed to remember. I know he's been doing a million things to prepare for the move from his end in BC, but I feel (unreasonably) mad that I'm doing this part alone.

*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the phone calls associated with moving, and it seems like I'm the one who always gets stuck making them.

But it is almost done, and you will soon be on the left coast, where the cool half lives. Kiss all the puppies for good luck.

mischief said...

I got stuck making all those calls too. The really exasperating thing was that when Shawn connected these services the last time we moved he never bothered to put my name on the account as an alternate authority and so most of the calls resulted in my being informed I would have to get him to call anyway. Sometimes I miss having control of my life.

The puppies are well kissed.

I like that you call it the "left" coast. :)