Sunday, July 20, 2008

you can lay your head back on the ground

So C signed the custody papers with a minimum of drama. We got J (Big J, not Little) to "serve" her in a very casual and non-exciting way to minimize how serious the situation really is - at least in my opinion - and the approach seemed to work. She wasn't happy about it, understandably, but was clearheaded enough to absorb what I was telling her about protecting Little J and making sure that future bad decisions made in drug-induced states would be prevented. In the end, I think we could have won this battle in court if it had been necessary to - but I'm relieved it wasn't. And hope that it never is.

*

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Congrats..and welcome to parenthood! I know you'll do great. Little J is a very lucky kid to have you two to help her heal and grow.

I miss you like crazy kiddo! Love you (and Bellows too)

mischief said...

Thanks friend... Of course the goal here is still to return her when and if her mother gets clean. That would be the best possible outcome... but I'm sometimes cynical about that.
*hugs to you*
Missing you too.