Tuesday, July 29, 2008

cannot stop to falter now, the damage is done

I finally managed to get someone to return my call and register us for the mandatory class. They were bewildered by the fact that a husband and wife were registering together, since the course is for parents who are divorcing/separating. It's bizarre to me that we are required to take this class in spite of the fact that it doesn't apply to our situation -- but I'm growing very accustomed to having to jump through nonsensical hoops to make things happen in this process. We also have to attend a meeting with a family justice counsellor... I'm not sure what that's about but I certainly hope it's painless.

I was somehow under the impression that if everyone was in agreement and had signed the court papers that the rest of the process didn't have to happen. It turns out it's a lot more complicated than I thought. We may have to appear in court after all. I hope not - I really do not want to have to say bad things about C to a judge (or to anyone else).



*

No comments: