Wednesday, July 30, 2008

over and over

I worked on my term paper for awhile this afternoon and I think I can finish it tomorrow. I have the final exam for Abnormal Psychology on Friday morning, and then I'm all done everything. Right now I kind of need the free time to deal with all the madness that's going on in my life... and at the same time, I kind of need a distraction from all the madness that's going on in my life.

I have been having an ongoing discourse with C over whether or not we will sign papers to return custody if she continues to take certain drugs, if they are prescribed by her doctor. It's a difficult thing to answer because she doctor shops until she finds a doctor who will give her what she wants. I have no doubt that she can find a doctor who will prescribe her just about anything... and not being one myself, it's hard to know what's really appropriate for her to be taking and what isn't. Naive as I am, I had no idea that she could abuse her medication by crushing the tablets rather than taking them whole. Today she told me she was going to switch from "OxyContin" to "Supeudol". When I looked that up online, it seemed to me that those were just different names for the same drug. I hate being buried in snow like this but I just don't know enough to have an opinion. All I know is that I'm sick of the whole drama.



*

No comments: