Tuesday, July 29, 2008

older than I once was

Well. Our house is conditionally sold, with their financiang to be in place by Saturday. Because we've had such a rough go on this we've been reluctant to celebrate yet, but Shawn actually slept through the night last night for the first time in awhile, and I'm sure that had something to do with the potential lifting of this enormous stress.

A new stress has moved in to take the place of the old one, requiring Shawn and I to attend a course called "Parenting After Separation" in order to make our custody order complete so we can appear in court. The course is designed for parents who have split up and have altered the custody arrangements for their children - but this doesn't matter. We have to take the course anyway. Bureaucracy. And the icing on the cake is that I can't even get anyone on the phone to accept my registration. The light at the end of this tunnel is far far away.




*

No comments: