Monday, July 07, 2008

a blanket, some matches, this pain in my chest

Little J started day camp today, thank heavens, and I was relieved of my responsibilities for six consecutive hours during which I:
- drank copious amounts of coffee
- spent a few precious moments with my husband
- completed and mailed off a writing assignment for my psychology course, and
- ploughed (ever notice how Americans spelled that "plowed"?) recklessly through several readings and wrote and submitted the last electronic quiz for the same course.

It was a rewarding thing to make some progress again as I've been stalled out recently. These two courses must be complete by the end of August and although I was moving along speedily for awhile, all the drama and trauma surrounding J's moving in and C's departure to a rehab centre temporarily stopped me in my tracks.

Things that are left to do for the courses are:
Abnormal Psychology - submit paper proposal, write paper, write final exam
Working Alliance - skills assignment 2, submit paper proposal, write final paper

I think that with nine days of summer camp left ahead of us, while little J acts, dances and sings her little heart out (I hear her singing "Food, Glorious Food" along with her rehearsal CD) I will be able to finish all the written work and the audio CD. I suspect that getting an invigilated exam will take a little more organization than can occur in nine days, but it's on the top of my list of things to figure out tomorrow.

And as for now, I'm back on the parenthood clock.


*

No comments: