Thursday, July 24, 2008

sympathy wagon

My parents are coming to visit for the weekend. They are arriving tomorrow and staying until Sunday afternoon. They're driving, which makes their schedule pretty flexible, and they decided to stay in a hotel rather than here, which actually works better because we don't have tons of extra space with both Little J and Big J living in our two guest rooms. It means no one has to sleep on the couches.

We've been cleaning all day in preparation for showing them our house for the first time (because I'm a freak like that)-- that is, Shawn and I have been cleaning. Little J has been sitting at the easel painting and Big J has been sleeping. It's like we have two children, hehe.

The good news is that Big J offered to stay in tonight and hang out with Little J so Shawn and I could go on a date, our first one alone together in way too long. Or maybe it just seems that way.

I'm almost finished my cleaning... just need this ten minute break to catch my breath before finishing up.

Once the visit is finished I have to get to work on my other term paper. The professor for this course seems a lot tougher - and a lot more vague in his instructions - so I really hope I can do as well on this one as I did on the other. Fingers crossed.


*

No comments: