Monday, June 09, 2008

there beneath the blue suburban skies

Today Shawn is more calm about the situation with the foster pup.  Now he says he thinks he overreacted because he just wants to keep our pups save and secure.  Can't fault him for that at all... but I'm glad he's feeling better about things.  We've been working with Palmer to help him learn his place in the pecking order (ie: last!) so he won't pick on our pups anymore and today he has been much better.  No growling, no biting.  I think he's a smart dog and a quick learner.  We took him to the vet today for his vaccines and check up and she says he's in good health.  GreedyLisa wants to keep him but NiceLisa is just glad he's healthy and well because this increases his chances of being adopted by someone else.

*

Last night I had a dream that our neighbours burst into our house and took a bunch of things as part of some vigilante justice action.  Retributive justice.  Only it didn't make sense because we hadn't done anything to incur their wrath in the first place.  I was upset and worried because everyone in the neighbourhood seemed to think we were bad people.

*

I think C is trying to kill me.  Last night she called and told me she wasn't going to go into rehab after all, that she doesn't have a drug problem, and that she just wants everyone to F off and mind their own business.  After all these hours of talking with her, coaxing her along toward getting help, spending so much time away from my own life so I could be there for her, I wanted to kick her in the teeth.  

Today she called again, all cheerful, determined to go after all and certain that life is going to be just great.  I know this could happen forty more times before next weekend but each time it does I feel like I'm being dropped from a great height and then caught again a split section before I splat on the ground.  It's tiring. 

*

No comments: