Friday, June 27, 2008

But now morning's clear, it's like I ain't here

It was a nice last day of work.  I finished cleaning up my office and took out my few personal belongings, and had lunch with the staff.  At the staff luncheon there were goodbyes to all the teachers who are leaving for various reasons.  C made a sweet farewell speech to me and the staff gave me a bottle of wine (woohoo).  The principal told me she was going to do all she could to get me back next year and said she thought it looked hopeful.  Encouraging words...  not enough to write cheques on, but a good start.  Now on to the next drama!

Another offer, allegedly, is being written on our house.  I don't really get excited about these the way Shawn does because they always seem to fall through for one reason or another.  I've sure it will well eventually, but meanwhile I am saving myself the stress of getting my hopes up over and over again.

Shawn had a job interview yesterday with what is probably the best company in his field.  I feel quite optimistic that they will want to hire him.... I certainly hope so.  I think he would be much happier there than he has been in the other place where he's given responsibilities without the necessary authority to meet them.  

While I was at work today, Shawn and J moved all the office furniture out of what is to be J's bedroom come Sunday.  Now we just have to organize it a bit and make it feel like homey instead of like a motel room.  Little darling, I so hope she will be happy with us.

*


No comments: