Tuesday, June 03, 2008

like a friend of mine to hit me from behind

Tonight was our last in-class session of the sailing course, thank god.  We were learning (allegedly) how to navigate and how to set a course, using charts and protractors and stuff.  I didn't really get it.  I'm a very slow learner when it comes to things like this and I get frustrated 
easily because the people who already get it are always the ones who grab the materials and do the work while the dummies (ie: me) stand around helplessly wondering what's going on.  I wonder why that is, why the ones who don't need the practice are always the first to volunteer.  I guess it's because the ones that really need help don't want to make their mistakes in front of everyone else.  It's all been very eye-opening from a teacher-y perspective.

I drank a small cup of cheap coffee with Coffee Mate in it to keep me awake through the class, and now I'm wide awake and feel as though I might never sleep again.  


*

At present, things seem as though they are heading in the direction to have C enter a drug rehabilitation program in the very near future, and for us to take (temporary) custody of little J.  This is frightening in some ways (I'm not sure we're ready to be parents, even temporarily) but also seems like the best possible way this could turn out.  Certainly beats dying.


*



No comments: