Friday, June 13, 2008

i don't see what anyone can see in anyone else, but you.

Two students showed up for class this morning, and four for the afternoon.  It's unfortunate that we have to keep the school open during these few days before exams because kids aren't attending anyway, for the most part, and the grads use this time to enact pranks.  For several days there was a small car parked outside my office in the centre plaza, with "08" spray painted all over it.  

Tomorrow night is the graduation dinner and dance and I've agreed to go with a couple of other staff members in my department.  This is something I know I will probably wish I'd not agreed to do because it will mean spending far too much time with other humans.  


*

I found a fun summer camp for J to attend in which she will be part of the cast of a play, to be performed at the conclusion of the camp.  I think this is the kind of thing that will be good for her, to help her take her mind off the stresses she's living through, poor pumpkin, and to get to know some kids in our neighbourhood before school starts again in September. 

 I finally got a chance to speak with C, who assured me she still intends to go to the treatment centre on Sunday.  It's hard to believe her about anything, honestly, but I am hoping with my whole heart that she really follows through.  A part of me is looking forward to her first two weeks there, during which time she is not permitted to make any phone calls or have any contact with the outside world.  I am extremely tired from spending so much time talking with her through all of this, and a couple of weeks of peace will be welcomed.

*

No comments: