Friday, June 06, 2008

see the primitive wallflower freeze

Just when you think things can't get any weirder.  

It's been a hell-week with nothing but one stress after another.  My family is insane, exhausting, infuriating, draining.  And from one minute to the next I never know what tragedy will be happening, what war will be waging, whose mind will be changing.  It's exasperating beyond what I can describe or explain.  I've been hanging on by my fingernails, determined primarily to survive it all just for the sake of J who is only 11 and who deserves to have someone in her life who can stay afloat for her.  Determined to provide her with a stable home and a family that loves her enough to put her first.

With all that going on, plus the stress of the House that Wouldn't Sell, the saga of Finding Shawn a Better Job, my own uncertainty around my future employment, it just seemed like things couldn't possibly get more crazy.

Then A called and asked us to foster a dog.  

This isn't an unreasonable request.  We signed on to be a foster family for pups needing temporary homes.  It's just the way these kinds of things always work out, that it never rains but it pours.  It's always deadly calm or a complete deluge.  

So we're awaiting the arrival of Mr. Foster Pup who will be coming here some time tonight.  He's been abandoned by his family, and of yet, we do not know why.  The rescue representative will come with more information about him and hopefully we can make the poor little guy feel safe and at home while he is waiting for his forever-family to find him.

I guess I'm not really ready to stop trying to save the world yet after all.



*




No comments: