Sunday, June 01, 2008

that this should be my last with you

Joff is back from the U.K. now and living with us again.  That meant that yesterday while we were out sailing all day the dogs could still be out free and have someone to kiss and snuggle with.  If J ends up living in our custody we will have a full house.

*

I have run out of suet for the starling hatchlings and now they are all lingering around the yard wondering what happened to their picnic.  The store doesn't open for another half hour so they are going to have to wait.  Poor hungry babies.  I feel like a drug dealer who got them hooked on something and then abruptly took it away, except maybe I have more remorse than the average dealer about my actions.

*

Yesterday, while I diligently applied sunscreen to my face and even remembered, this time, the tops of my ears, I somehow neglected to apply any to my nose.  The result of this is, today, is a bright red nose, sharply outlined by the lines from where my sunglasses were sitting.  I look quite bizarre.

*

No comments: