Wednesday, June 18, 2008

how can a light that burned so brightly suddenly burn so pale?

Today was a quiet quiet day at work.  I had no exams to invigilate, and no motivation to do the last few tasks I really ought to be doing (ie: importing my marks, cleaning out the prop storage and costume rooms).  Instead I sat in my office and read my psychology textbook.  I managed to finish it and wrote the last quiz for Abnormal Psych tonight.  That leaves me with an exam and a paper to write.  I'm not moving along nearly so quickly in the other psychology course; I find the assignments vague and the professor confusing in terms of what he expects.  In that course I still have two assignments to complete, another quiz, a paper and an exam.  I am going to have to put my nose to the grindstone once school is finished. 

*

I've done this awful thing again where I agree to go out and spend time with people.  I don't know why I ever do that because when it comes right down to it I always want to be at home with my family.  So tomorrow night I am going to dinner and to see a play with a woman from work.  I don't know her very well (and hence, why she invited me) but now that she's arranged a babysitter I guess I can't back out.  

Friday night I have to attend commencement for the graduates, so that makes two nights in a row where I'm going to be away from my comfort zone.  I'm not sure what has happened to me over the years but I become more and more antisocial all the time.  

*


No comments: