Tuesday, June 10, 2008

her amphetamines and her pearls

This is our pack with little FosterMan starting to settle in and be part of the group.  He's a BIG boy next to tiny Little Puppy.  The boys seem to like him, particularly D, and E seems to have forgiven him for the incident the other day although he remains a little wary.  Shawn and I are working to help teach the new boy some rules about bullying.  Most importantly, he lets tiny Little Puppy boss him around and somehow she has retained her status as Queen.  This is important, of course, because she is so small and could easily get hurt if the rest of the gang didn't respect her.

*

School is winding down the for the year and I'm so glad to have holidays ahead of me.  There are a lot of things going on right now and I need time to deal with it all.  My niece is coming to live here (assuming things continue in the right direction) and will be arriving as soon as school is over.  I haven't been getting nearly enough work done in my psychology courses while this family-madness has been going on and I need to get the courses finished by the time school starts again.  There's a lot happening and I could really use some time off to get things under control.  Thursday is the last day of regular classes, followed by three days of strange schedules in which most kids, apparently, don't attend class and just stay home to study for exams.  Then we have exam week and it's over.  Of course this could be it for me, and I might not be employed again come September... but that's a fact I just don't want to spend too much time focused on just yet.  Right now I need to look at a lot of other things and it's too much to think about them all at once.

*

                   




No comments: