Sunday, March 02, 2008

streamlining

The bird feeder is attracting dozens of birds at a time now and the ground underneath it is covered in a thick carpet of seeds that various birds have tossed on the ground for some reason.  The ground eaters are gobbling up the seeds on the ground but nowhere near as fast as the perching birds are dropping them.  I wonder if the seeds that don't get eaten will grow. The birds are so pretty - I wish my camera was capable of getting good close up pictures.  There's a particularly lovely bird with an orange face and chest who throws seeds on the ground with great gusto.  He (and his friends) spend lots of time at the feeder and sit long enough that if my camera was better I could take some very nice photographs.

*

Last night I dreamed I was making the twelve hour drive to my parents' place.  And I noticed that my car clock said it was 4:15 making me realise that I wasn't going to be arriving until early the next morning.  The thought of driving through the mountains alone in the dark made me nervous and so I was speeding, thinking irrationally the way one does in dreams, that I might get through the mountains some ten hours faster if I did.  

I was pulled over by the police for speeding, and when I got out of the car, the police woman became instantly certain that I was some escaped fugitive from the law and that she bringing me in.  Her delight at capturing me overshadowed any procedural regulations and I was given no opportunity to defend myself.  It was an odd dream.

*


1 comment:

Ellen said...

you could visit me in 12 hours too, maybe even less. Though you would need a passport and you'd still hve to go over a mountain. Sadie and I would wait up for you with hot cocca...or wine. Your choice.