Saturday, March 15, 2008

i don't mind stealing bread

I'm on spring break now for two weeks, hallelujah!  Shawn is working through most of it, with a four day weekend in the middle.  So I'll get to spend time with him, but also get some work done on my psychology course and my book club novel.  (We're reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" - very predictable choice.  I have no comment yet as I haven't cracked the cover.)  It's beautiful outside today and I'm hoping the great weather will hold up so that I can also spend time outdoors with the puppies in the garden.  I'm really happy with the way the backyard has become a bird sanctuary since we put up the feeders and I'm thinking of trying to build some new feeders and a birdhouse or two.

*

We got up early this morning and went out for breakfast, then to the grocery store.  It was nice to get that out of the way early and we even managed to get some cleaning up done which is the one thing we always neglect around here.  Shawn's Dad and stepmom are coming over for dinner and drinks tonight so it's good motivation to get things tidied up.  

*

J will be coming to live with us on the 30th.  I think he's only going to stay a couple of weeks before he goes to Europe to do some travelling - and then will come back to us when he's done.  He's going to stay with us for a bit until he finds a place.  At this point we have no idea whether he'll be staying for a few weeks or a few months or for several years.  I get the impression he wants to move quickly because he's still worried about being a burden.  I hope that after he's been here a short time and sees how much we love having him that he won't feel that pressure anymore.  

I was hoping we would have countertops and a kitchen sink again by the time J moved in but this is now highly unlikely as time is steadily running out.  The countertop people have taken longer at preparing the granite than they were supposed to (everything in this process has taken longer than it was supposed to) and we cannot install the sink until the counter is in place.  I am really getting tired of making coffee in the bathroom.

*




No comments: