Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'll cut you in on twenty percent of my future sin

Steller's Jay came to visit my backyard today.  He didn't eat from the feeders, just perched up high above all the other birds and watched them.  He was so pretty and I hoped he would come down to eat so I could see him better, but he was in a hurry.
*  
Shawn startled me yesterday when he suddenly went to the hardware store, bought some electrical supplies, and came home and built an electrical outlet for our garbage disposal unit.  I had no idea he could do things like that and was thinking we would have to call our electrician to set it up for us.  

Today the plumber is coming back.  He was delayed in his earlier plans and has so far only managed to get our sink working, but this was beyond exciting for us, having been using the laundry sink for the last three months.  When he comes back today he plans to connect the garburator and the dishwasher.  After he connected the sink, Shawn and I turned on the faucet and stood there staring at the running water for several minutes, mesmerized, before it occurred to us to quit wasting water.  It's been a long time since we've had an operational kitchen and it's been very exciting to have the last essential pieces put back in place.  

There is still work to be done: lights, flooring, paint, window coverings... but these things can wait.  Happily.  
*
I studied for most of the day today and made some good inroads into the course about the psychology of Working Alliances.  I may, in fact, be ready to write my first quiz in this course tomorrow.  I got my marks back from my quiz in Abnormal Psychology - I got 97%!  So the study paid off and I am struggling not to be one of those annoying "mature" students that used to irritate me so much when  was nineteen and bother the professor to find out where I lost the extra three marks.  

*

No comments: