Monday, March 10, 2008

i can't get to sleep; i think about the implications

I think I might have saved my eyeball picture on my other computer (along with Shawn's eyeball) but I have been too lazy to go and check.

*

The book club meeting was okay; it seems that other people found the book as tough a read as I did.  It's funny how a group of teachers would dislike this book about building schools.  A good thing that happens, sometimes, is that people disagree - and when I hear that someone else loves a book that I'm disliking, it can inspire me to try harder.

*

I've been trying to convince Shawn to pee in my compost bin because it's not working properly and the Internet says that the best way to kickstart compost is to add nitrogen - which is most readily found in urine.  Shawn, however, is being stubborn and refusing to share his nitrogen with me.  He thinks, for some mysterious reason, that peeing in the compost bin is yukky.  I have begged him repeatedly but so far he just won't budge.  He says I should just add more vegetable peelings and grass and other things like that, but the Internet says that pee is the best way.  And the Internet, as we all know, never lies.

*

Today my student teacher did the exact opposite of what I asked him to do last class.  

*

I have managed to gather three letters of references for my Masters program and now I think I am ready to put in my official application.

*


No comments: