Wednesday, January 02, 2008

love would never leave us alone

I dreamed I was jogging in a train yard, and there were many, many places where the asphalt path on which I was running was intersected by train tracks.  At the tracks, the safety bars would lower accompanied by flashing lights and warning bells, and then I would have to wait for the train to pass before I could continue down the path.

At each intersection, while I waited, I had to select two coloured cardboard boxes, each of which held a "thought", and those thoughts I selected, those were the only things I had to think about for however long it took to jog to the next intersection.

My mother was jogging behind me at one point (hip replacement be damned).  She was a distraction from my allotted thoughts,  a challenge to be overcome, but she also shouted encouragement at me to help keep me moving along the path to the next rest stop where I could choose new things to think about.  


*

No comments: