Monday, January 28, 2008

really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree

A long day today.  Senior students are writing exams, and juniors aren't.  Since the school system here has them all together in one building, it means that someone has to entertain the younger ones while the older ones are being tested.  In the morning I was lucky and was scheduled neither to invigilate exams nor to entertain juniors, so I had three whole hours to work on getting my report card marks finished.  Hallelujah for that.  In the afternoon, I was stuck with thirty grade eights for nearly three hours.  We watched movies.  (Lazy.)

*

After work, I raced over the YMCA to work out, wanting to beat the late afternoon rush.  I arrived in time and could see that there were many free machines as I walked through the entrance.  And then, once in the locker room, it occurred to me that I was at the gym without any running shoes.  I had left them at home by the door.  

So, with no other choice, I packed my stuff back up into my gym bag and came home.  It crossed my mind that I could grab the shoes and drive back to the gym a second time, but that just didn't appeal enough to follow through with it.  I comforted myself with a lemon cranberry scone.  

*

No comments: