Thursday, January 10, 2008

spinning in infinity

Yawn.

Thursday.  This week has felt long; it's hard to go back to work after time off, getting readjusted to early mornings and earlier bedtimes.  Tomorrow I get my first evaluation in the new school system, my opportunity to prove that they should continue to renew my contract.  It's weird, having spent so much of last year providing evaluations for other teachers, to be back on this side of the process again.  I'm feeling fairly calm and confident, however (unlike the last time I was evaluated... eight years ago) because I know what I'm doing now, and feel much more prepared to handle situations as they arise.

*  

Yesterday I was thinking about D.A. and the situation he got in to in '06 - which led me to look that up and see if the records existed online.  They do.  And, interestingly enough, he is mentioned by name in several other places -- like online blogs.  There is no privacy.  Not that he necessarily deserved any, or that it was wrong for him to be named ... not in the public records anyway.  But maybe he didn't deserve the blog insults.  At least, that's what I think.


*


I still don't know what I will be doing next semester, and next semester begins in just a couple of weeks now.  My principal has set up a position for me so that I can keep a job whether or not JT returns to work, which is very sweet of her, especially in light of the fact that I have yet to be evaluated.  The details of the job will change depending on what he does - the worst case scenario being that he could actually end up sitting in my class for several weeks watching me teach in a phase in/ phase out kind of process that I find astonishing.  But that's worst case and I'm not going to worry about that until it happens.  And keep hoping it doesn't.  Life is always interesting.


*


No comments: