Thursday, January 31, 2008

just can't remember who to send it to

Today we found out that the bank made a mistake on one of our mortgages and hasn't been making deductions the way the should have been because they got our account number wrong.  Good thing Shawn caught it now, because as it stands, we already owe almost $4500 in missed payments.  Blech, not good news.  Tiling the kitchen may have to wait a little longer.  Fortunately, because it was their mistake and not ours, there are no late fees or credit rating issues.  Phew.

*

I'm starting new courses in March to get ready for my Masters program  -- to get a couple of missing prerequisites.  I'm excited about working on my Masters degree again.  The problem now is that I am actually registered to work on two different Masters degrees simultaneously, and this is not something I am crazy enough to actually try and undertake.  So I'll need to drop the one that I registered in first, now that I've figured out what I'm actually interested in doing.

*

Today I went out for lunch with people from work.  It's funny how I feel excited about making new friends the way kids do.  They invited me to join their book club and to go for dinner and movie night next week.  I know it's silly, especially in light of how antisocial I generally tend to be, but it's nice to be liked.


*


No comments: