Saturday, January 19, 2008

if I'm buried 'neath the sod but the angels won't receive me

The play festival was good.  Seeing what teachers across the city are doing with their drama classes was interesting and the adjudicator was gentle with everyone, which was nice.  (Sometimes I think it's more important to be kind than completely truthful with children.)  My kids performed well and held their own.  And the bonus of the day was that we finished much earlier than anticipated, so I was able to get home by 6:00 instead of 8:00.


*

I have been reading a lot lately, finishing books far too fast and being left with nothing to read.  Fortunately, I just remembered that I had started, but stopped, reading A Thousand Splendid Suns just before Christmas, so I had somewhere to go after Lucky.  It's a really good book when I'm out in the world wanting to get home so I can read it.  That's how I feel about this one.


*

No comments: