Wednesday, January 30, 2008

durable

I think that when something bad is coming, and you know it, you start the grieving process in anticipation of the event, so much so sometimes, that by the time the bad thing actually happens, you're already almost finished with it.  I think this is the case for k.  When I spoke with her today, she was doing well.  Dealing well.

My mother was like this.  

Some people have good coping skills.  

I am fearful about what will happen to e.


*

I went to the gym during my lunch break today, and spent the rest of the day reading.  Semester break is tough work for English teachers, who have hundreds of exams to mark.  For Drama teachers, who've already done their penance earlier, it's a vacation that lasts too long.  


*

F told me that Allah likes me because I have been kind to his daughters.  It was during my time at the adult ESL college that I first spent significant amounts of time with people who prayed to Allah.  And sweetly, many of them told me they were praying on my behalf, praying for babies, praying for blessings, praying praying praying.  And though I've had no babies since then, I feel I have been blessed many times over.  So perhaps Allah does like me.  I rather hope so.

*

No comments: