Saturday, January 26, 2008

things

My senior class ended up getting second place in the play festival, and being invited to compete at the provincials.  This was surprising news, because I assumed they'd be disqualified since they refused to follow the entry rules.  However, artists being artists, the judges decided to bend the rules and let them go anyway.  Good news for all of us in that it's a great opportunity to see other actors perform, showcase some talent, and be a part of something exciting.  It also impresses the administration to be able to brag that our school is running a successful Drama program.  Maybe it even helps strengthen my grip in trying to hold on to this job at the end of my contract.  (Interesting that I've come to want a teaching job again after two years away from it.)  The bad news is, of course, that attending the provincial festival will undoubtedly require me to give up another weekend that I'd rather spend with my family.

*

The kitchen is coming along... but never fast enough.  The cabinets are all installed now, and they look amazing.  The electrician is here today, working on giving us power to various lights, the garburator, the dishwasher, and so on.  The countertops are still being cut and polished, a process which apparently takes several weeks to complete.  Once these things are done, we will finally be able to get the plumber to install the new sink.  The sink is definitely the part of this process I am looking forward to the most; I grow weary of washing dishes in the laundry sink.


*




No comments: