Monday, December 31, 2007

bat country

Even amid the drywall dust and chaos, I am so happy to be home.  We are largely confined to the living room, and with that in mind, Shawn bought Christmas presents to make spending time there fun.  He bought us a Wii game system and also got me a laptop (is it called an iBook?  or an iMac?) that is wireless so I can play with it while sitting on the couch.  The Wii is hilarious - you can download old games from when we were kids, oh nostalgia!, and if there's anything funnier than watching a grown man play "Dance Dance Revolution", I cannot possibly think of what it is.  And the laptop is amazing; small enough to take to my meetings with writing clients, small enough to slip in a cupboard, and yet powerful enough to do the kinds of things I do.  He's a smart man, that husband of mine, and I don't think I have ever been spoiled so much in my life.  The best part though, is just being here at home with him and the pups and having another whole week of holidays ahead of us.

*

Before dinner tonight I managed to do half an hour on the elliptical machine, a feat performed amid boxes of coffee cups and roasting pans which threatened to catch my feet with each revolution.  It was too rainy to run outside.  I feel good about getting back to taking care of myself better.  I've never been much for making New Year's resolutions, but in that vein, I want to continue looking at health from a mental, spiritual, and physical perspective.  

I know it is possible, I know there is time, to take care of all these things when I am organized enough to do so and don't get too obsessed with one area at the cost of the others.  This is a good goal for me, continuing to seek more and more balance. 



*

No comments: