Thursday, December 06, 2007

o sole mia

Today I actually signed papers to register in the Masters program. It begins in April, so allegedly two years from then I will have my Masters degree. Exciting. I know it's going to be a lot of work but it's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

*

The week's rehearsals have been truly exhausting and yet, somehow, not nearly as annoying as the rehearsals I went through at the other school back home. Probably because these kids are older they are a little more self-reliant. They still need a lot of hand-holding... but they seem more capable of independence in the long run. The show goes up on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the end SO much.

This morning my principal asked me if I planned to use the stage the second week in February, which is when the school calendar claimed I was putting up a production. These dates, of course, were based on what last year's Drama teacher did and do not actually apply to me. When I told her so, she said she planned to use this as an excuse to contact the old Drama teacher who is away on a medical leave, and try to get more information about whether or not he plans to return. This was nice to hear because a large part of me wants to stay where I am for awhile, now that I'm starting to feel more accepted by the kids and enjoying getting to know the staff too.

*


Notes to self for the weekend:
- pick up front elevations from kitchen gallery
- change registration/ insurance to local
- dog food, dog snacks, dog vitamins, milk thistle
- drink red wine until stupor is reached

*

No comments: