Sunday, September 30, 2007

i have squandered my resistance

The weekends go by so quickly once again now that I'm working out of the house. There never seems to be enough time to do the things I want to get done. This morning we got more food for the greedy mongrels and also went to the department store to get a new central vacuum system. I hate spending so much money on an appliance I am loathe to use. Then we picked up groceries and that seems to have eaten up most of the day.

Shawn is now in the garage monkeying around with the vacuum and trying to install it. The lady at the department store made it sound easy but she didn't mention needing to buy a whole bunch of PVC tubing which means making another trip in the rain. I often wonder whether we are doing things the hard way or if everyone else just knows these things intuitively.

Tomorrow is a professional day at work, which pleases me because it gives me time to do some organizational things in between activities and meetings. (If the teaching profession really only involved classroom teaching it would be the plumiest job in the world.) There's a lot of work that needs to be done in terms of getting ready for rehearsals for the show and I also need to get my instructional week planned.

Beyond that I still have a safety document to finish up with and am feeling completely uninspired to do so. I'd also planned to wash the dogs today and wash out their dog houses. The likelihood of that getting done is slight.

*

My little shoot of "lucky" bamboo, given to us by J and N (who are now in the process of divorcing) seemed to be dormant for about three years. I wasn't sure it was even alive except that it was still green... and then suddenly it grew a leaf. I don't know why or what we did differently to encourage this new growth but it was exciting. I wonder if it will continue to sprout leaves or if that's it for another three years.


*

No comments: