Monday, September 17, 2007

student drivers


I decided on The Pink Panther Strikes Back as my show for this season, and am preparing to hold auditions at the end of the month. I like the script adaptation because it calls for area lighting and minimal sets. I'm hoping that means less stress and panic. Also, I'm thinking that working with older students will be a bit easier in that I can expect them to do their memorizing a little more reliably as well as to turn up for rehearsal each and every time. It's a fun and ridiculous little play that I think will be enjoyable to watch.


*


After school was extremely busy today. I drove first to the bank to get a bank draft for the down payment on our new house - the one in Alberta that we're going to try and sell immediately. Then I went to the Notary to sign all the papers and give her the money.

After that, it was off to the dealership to pay for our poor little car who needed some work in order to pass the provincial safety inspection. I couldn't take the car with me, of course, because I'd arrived in my other car... but Shawn is going to get her on his way home from work, being dropped off by a friend.

Once I'd paid for the car and retrieved the key, I went back to the shoe repair place and dropped off my chewed-up shoe. The man there (cobbler?) told me that he could patch the hole where Puppy D ate the strap and that it would cost $10.00. It seems too good to be true, frankly, but it remains to be seen how good this repair looks.

Then it was to the store to get some food, and home to feed the pups. Puppy D was so ravenous that he ate Little Puppy's dinner in one bite on the way to his own bowl! I had to wrestle his dinner bowl away from him so that Little Puppy could eat HIS dinner, and then he cried as though I was starving him for no reason. I don't think he understood why he couldn't have two dinners. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I let the boy dogs eat as much as they wanted to, if they'd ever stop.

I was supposed to pick up Shawn at the Skytrain after all that so we could go get the car, but a friend at work was kind enough to offer him a ride home making my life a little easier and allowing me to sit down at last!

A good thing about being employed full time outside the house again is that there's less time for me to think about stupid things. Of course it's a lovely luxury to have time to develop some pretty deep neuroses... but a luxury I really feel ready to give up.


*

No comments: