Tuesday, September 25, 2007

emmy

This morning I got up really early because I thought I'd need the extra time since Shawn isn't here... and usually in the morning he feeds the dogs now and also makes the coffee. As well, I needed to make a phone call to a client from the safety council to go over some changes he wanted made. The time zone thing works well for me now because I can make these calls before I go in to school.

For some reason I thought feeding the dogs and making the coffee would take a lot longer than it did. And the client just wanted me to delete one paragraph, so that conversation took less than a minute. And now I have all this extra time before I have to leave for work.

The thing about getting up early is that I hate it and I would almost never do it on purpose unless I really really really had to. But once I'm up and sipping a cup of coffee, being up early feels good. Having extra time in the morning is relaxing and I like it. I wish I could convince myself to do this when I didn't have to.

*

I made bread last night and it turned out right. It's the first time I've made a loaf of bread in that bread machine that didn't look and/or taste really weird. Being at sea level really does make a huge difference and all the things they print in the recipe book to help you adjust for the altitude simply cannot make up for it, at least, not for people like me who have no understanding of baking and just follow the recipe. It's neat that I can make bread now.

On the weekend I looked for those little boxes they used to make that kind of looked like cake mix boxes, but were a one-loaf bread machine kit. They don't exist anymore, at least not where I shop. Shawn said that the bread machine craze is over and that if I want to do it I'll have to actually measure the flour and yeast and salt and stuff myself. I guess I'm still excited about bread machines while the rest of the world has moved on because I never made any edible bread before. It's exciting.

*


Little Puppy is back on strike again. Hunger strike. Sometimes she refuses to eat for no apparent reason and it drives me completely insane because I worry about her incessantly. I don't know what sparks the hunger strikes; maybe this time it's because Shawn is away. Or not. I don't know... but I hate going to work and leaving her without any food in her tummy.


*

No comments: