Tuesday, September 18, 2007

shiny

The breeder sent me an email and offered to give us one of his newest litter. Shawn is against taking bringing another pup into the family. I am too, really, because I know it would be too much; I'm already exhausted with three. But there must be something of the "collector" in me, like those crazy cat ladies that end up having their houses condemned because they have hundreds of cats and can't properly take care of them all... because part of me wants to take another puppy. I'm struggling to find my sensible self.


*

A man from the cable company came tonight to set up Shawn's HD digital cable. He was here forever and we were forced to make polite chitchat while waiting for someone at his office to "ZAP" something that would make it all official. He seemed rather enchanted by the dogs who made nuisances of themselves by trying to lick his fingers and wrestle with him while he installed the cable box but when I tried to round them up and put them in jail, he said they weren't bothering him. He told me he has several episodes of Animal Planet saved on his cable box which made me like him more.


*

When I woke up this morning it was darker than it has been at 6:30 so far. Up until now I hadn't noticed the morning light shrinking back, only that it has been getting dark earlier in the evenings. But this morning it was definitely not full sunrise quite yet. I guess winter is coming, even here on the coast.

*

No comments: