Thursday, September 13, 2007

woof

Looking back at it, I think a large part of why yesterday was lousy was that I was looking ahead too far at the things I need to get done in The Future instead of concentrating on what I'm doing right now.

When I think about the things I need to do in my classroom or at home in the next few hours it can all be managed. It's when I think about a huge production coming up in December for which there must be auditions, rehearsals, set building, crew meetings, crew rehearsals, performance dates, chairs set up, sets taken down, etcetera etcetera, that I start to feel crabby. Because I can't do all those things right away. But I can do them in eight hour chunks. I can.

*


According to the books, I'm still employed as a scriptwriter on a full time basis. I'm not going to bill the company this pay period though because I haven't done enough work to justify it at all - and I don't want to submit an invoice for something I didn't do, even though nobody would know it. I am really lucky to have found this teaching job or this would have been a very lean month financially.


*


C called the other night and we finally spoke on the phone. We arranged to meet for brunch on Saturday and I am going to meet her little girl. It's comforting that in so many ways she sounds exactly the same. I wonder if she thinks I am the same too. I wonder if I am.

*

No comments: