Monday, September 24, 2007

you're already a voice inside my head

Shawn's out of town tonight. He flew back to Alberta to take possession of the other house, the one we never lived in. It's strange that "taking possession" is such a formal thing, but it is. It requires a legal owner (fortunately not both of us) be there to accept the keys and walk through the building and check to ensure that everything we expect to be there is there. I don't really envy him the job... but I wish I was with him, too. This is my first night alone in this house. I've become such a baby.

*

We went to meet with the kitchen designer this morning and were annoyed to find learn that her secretary neglected to tell us that we should bring measurements and a floor plan... which meant the meeting was largely futile. We've arranged for her to come to our house on Saturday to see it for herself, which would have been my preference all along.

I didn't understand before today why Shawn didn't want to just buy some nice new cupboards and install them ourselves, but after seeing some of the sample kitchens in their showroom I understand why he thinks this is the way to go. I was truly awed by the creativity and ingenuity on display. I never thought kitchens could really be so pretty.


*

I suddenly have a lot of work I should be doing for my writing project. Again, it's not HARD work, it's just tedious and time consuming. Largely it involves cutting things from one document and pasting them into another. Things that the average nine year old could manage. Sometimes it seems so idiotic that this company wastes money paying people professional salaries to do these kinds of things. I don't really understand it. I'm sure I'm not as fast or efficient as someone with real keyboarding skills would be.


*

No comments: