Thursday, July 12, 2007

when you showed me myself i became someone else


This morning Shawn called and said he's going to come home next weekend. He's lonely there and wants to be with us. Yay!

Almost immediately after he hung up the phone I received a call from Vancouver inviting me to come for a job interview next Friday morning.

I talked to Shawn again, booked my flights, and it looks like he will be able to pick me up at the airport to take me to my interview, drop me back at the airport afterward, and then follow me on a later flight that same evening. And the pups will only be alone for a few hours.

*

I spent most of yesterday thinking it was Thursday, and all of Tuesday thinking it was Wednesday. This meant a few things:

1. On Wednesday, I sat around waiting for the conference call that was scheduled for Thursday and wondered why I was being stood up.

2. I really didn't miss garbage day when I thought I did, because when I was thinking I'd missed Wednesdays pick-up it was really Tuesday.

3. I missed garbage day *again* because although I could have put the garbage out yesterday morning, I didn't, because I thought it was Thursday.

*

The conference call really did happen today and it went on for nearly two hours. That's a long time to be on the phone. My ear hurts. And I feel as though I've gleaned about ten minutes worth of pertinent information.

Happily, L continued to express interest in me to facilitate the instruction of this course. I can't guess at what it is that I have said or done to inspire his confidence in me to this extent given that at every meeting I have had with him I have felt completely vapid.

I wonder if it will be possible to do both things if I manage to find work in Vancouver.

*



No comments: